Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 5

Breakfast:
Raspberries*
Strawberries*
Kiwi*
Banana*
Cup of green tea*

Snack:
Broccoli* w/ guacamole

Lunch:
Salad w/ baby spinach*, green onions*, peppers, broccoli*, cucumber*, radishes*, EVOO*, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried oregano*, dried basil*, sea salt and pepper

Dinner:
~1/3 cup quinoa* w/ evoo* and chopped cilantro*
Steamed cabbage*
Roasted carrots*
Sautéed mushrooms

Bedtime snack:
Banana*

Today I was SO tired.  I still don't have energy for most of the day and today I laid down with little E during her nap and slept for about an hour next to her.  And that was after sleeping in this morning.  When I got up though, I felt great and still feel great now.

I have realized my love for beets today.  I ran out and didn't have any for my salad and man, what a difference.  I didn't love my salad AT ALL today.  Beets are my new cheese, which are a MUST HAVE for my salad!  I bought some fresh beets at the store earlier this week, which was a first for me, and I boiled them tonight, so they are ready to go for tomorrow.  I have always been intimidated by beets and not sure how to prep and cook them, and I'm so excited to learn something new with such a delicious and nutritious vegetable!

I haven't had ANY energy to exercise since I started, but tomorrow I will.  Fingers crossed I can make it though the class!  I also have a very busy day tomorrow, so hopefully the distraction will help me make it through, with enough prep and planning to be out for a long time before coming back home.

I also need to go back to the store for more fruits and veggies!  I'm still counting down to adding that protein back.

No comments:

Post a Comment