Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 4

Day FOUR.  Four days in.  30 feels like forever away!!!

Breakfast:
Raspberries*
Blackberries*
Kiwi*
Banana*
Cup of green tea*

Lunch:
Salad w/ mixed greens*, beets*, green onions*, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli*, cucumber*, EVOO*, lemon juice*, garlic powder, dried oregano*, dried basil*, sea salt and pepper

Snack:
Banana*

Dinner:
(while dinner was cooking I had a couple spoonfuls of guacamole)
1 cup Quinoa* w/ evoo* and chopped cilantro*
Steamed cabbage*
Roasted carrots*

Today was hard.  My breakfast only lasts an hour, and I didn't plan well and bring a snack with me to church, so I felt HORRIBLE during church and struggled to even stand during praise and worship because it was really hot in the sanctuary and I just felt so blah.  We took communion today and I skipped it because it isn't on the plan, and for the first time ever, that bland cracker looked SO good!  haha

It's amazing how great you feel living on pretty much just fruit and vegetables.  It's also equally as amazing how HORRIBLE you feel detoxing off of the addictions of sugar, caffeine, and processed foods.  I don't even eat that much processed food, but even the "good" stuff that I do buy still has some form of preservative and added sugar.  And being 100% completely on fresh foods is a really good feeling mentally.  Boy is it hard though.  I'm not gonna lie - this sucks most of the days!

One great thing though is the bloat weight that I've already lost and how good my clothes feel.  It has also been neat discovering how to savor food, and how to truly enjoy how food tastes in its natural state.  I never thought I would like a salad with only evoo and some dried herbs, but it actually tastes really nice!  I think I will be sticking with that as salad dressing, especially when I go places and all there is for an option is bottled dressings (barf!).

Tonight I baked chicken for my hubby and little E, and holy cow it smelled SO good.  I'm REALLY looking forward to adding my lean protein back in 8 days!  So I'm counting down to that right now, because 8 seems a lot closer than 26!

3 comments:

  1. Are you just making this up as you go or do you have a planner? You can do it! Sounds pretty brutal though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely a plan! I am working with my bestie, who is a chiropractor, on it. It is the Standard Process Purification cleanse, but we have modified it a bit for me. (I'm not doing the shakes in the morning, I'm not using any vinegar products, I'm doing it for 30 days - 28 days on the plan plus the two before I was able to get started on the supplements, etc). The one thing that is really helping, is having a PLAN and planning ahead and prepping what I am going to eat for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the website:

    http://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process/Purification-Program#.VOIJ-0vzaf0

    ReplyDelete