Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 16


Breakfast:
Strawberries
Kiwi

Snack: 
Roasted carrots

Lunch:
Salad w/ baby spinach*, green onions*, broccoli*, beets*, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, evoo*, lemon juice, oregano*, sea salt and pepper

Snack:
celery*, broccoli* and radishes* with guacamole

Dinner:
Roasted asparagus
Roasted carrots*
Roasted broccoli*
Baked chicken* w/ evoo*, sea salt and dried spices*

I had another allergic reaction this morning.  After I had eaten breakfast (maybe 30 minutes to an hour after) and while I was eating the carrots, I felt my face and ears getting warm.  A few minutes later I looked in the mirror and my face from my nose to my chin, across from ear to ear was bright red, and both of my elbows were red.  It was SO weird.  I don't think it is the carrots, because we eat those ALL the time, so it has to be the kiwi or the strawberries.  And if it is the strawberries, I think it is because they are conventional and not organic, bc we eat strawberries all the time when they are in season and costco carries the organic ones.  Maybe it is the kiwi.  I don't eat kiwi often, but I have lots of times in the past with no reaction….just SO weird!!!

Yesterday it snowed 2" and was an awesome day to stay home.  My hubby was flying back from a trip and just barely caught an earlier flight, which ended up being the last one out as all of the rest ended up getting cancelled.  But…once he landed, he sat on the plane for THREE hours until a gate opened for them.  Then he was 30 deep in the taxi line with not a cab in sight.  He ended up getting a cab pretty quickly with three other people who were all headed to this area, so thankfully, he finally got home a little after 7pm.

It is still icy, so we are snuggled in at home and staying warm!  I love days like yesterday and today, when we have a fire going and hot tea to sip on all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment