Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekend Lists & Help Needed

This weekend The Architect and I plan to have another weekend with a combination of fun and relaxation.
And lots of one-on-one quality time.

On the agenda:
workout
church
dog park
test driving cars
watching movie(s)
misc to-do items

He leaves for Hong Kong on Monday,
so I want to soak up and enjoy every minute of this weekend.

During the week he is gone, my plans are:
dinner with a bestie
dinner with some P.E.O. friends
workout
get a facial
go shopping
take my Christmas tree down

(I know, I know, it's ridiculous that it is still up, but I either haven't been home, or I forget about it because it is upstairs and there are times we don't go upstairs for days.  It will be down before Feb 1.  Promise.)

*****

So...
I need yall's help.
Badly.

I need an outfit to wear to the Super Bowl.
I have nada, so I'm going to shop for one next week.
It needs to be dressy enough to go with my handsome hubby who will be in jeans, dress shirt and sport coat.
But casual enough because its a football game.
And the kicker...must have comfy shoes.

I love heels.  I feel fun and sexy and cute in heels.
And the total opposite in flats.  Dumpy, frumpy and not so cute.
Which is why Uggs were a BIG deal when I broke down and bought them.
I need some cute shoes that I feel cute in, but are pratical to wear all day, and on a day with lots of walking.

I'm going to scour pintrest the next few days to try to find some ideas.  I'm hoping to find an idea similar to some of the fashionista pins I've re-pinned lately, where it shows a whole outfit combo complete with accessories. 
LOVE THOSE.

Please send me links, pins, anything you think would be cute for next weekend.
Either in the comments here, on you can email them to me.
Pretty please.


4 comments:

  1. I *love* ballet flats. I have a favorite pair that I've done everything from hiking to biking to robotics tournaments to date night in. I think I may've taken it too far when I wore them camping and sat next to the fire, though. Oops. Either way, they are cute, comfortable, and make me feel amazing. Almost as amazing as heels, but definitely cuter ;) .

    I picked mine up at F21, but Journey's or any of the department or shoe specialty stores would have cute ones as well.

    I'd either go with that, or depending on the weather, go with boots. Boots are fabulous for walking in and *almost* last all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your post on fb and it made me think - did you see the site I just posted on BTL? The site is fashonify.com . It's the PERFECT site for you to post this question to at least get a few ideas flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can wear whatever you want. Some sort of outfit you love and then just add colored earrings or a colored scarf and you're good to go. Here's some internet pix I found...

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/pictures/2010/02/08/celebrities-at-super-bowl-xliv-115875-22027453/

    http://www.fabsugar.com.au/Who-Nailed-Superbowl-Weekend-Style-Best-See-Pics-13729981

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2011-02/59238385.jpg

    http://www.stilettosetsports.com/football-party-fashion-ideas/

    ReplyDelete