Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sad Goodbyes

This past weekend was ahh-maze-ing.  Everything was perfect!

It was so good to get home, back to my wonderful hubby.  A wonderful hubby who hid a note in my suitcase (but I never found it because I didn't wear the dress he hid in - oopsie!), and washed, vacuumed and filled my car up with gas while I was gone, and spent the whole weekend cleaning and doing chores around the house.  Sigh...I love him more and more every day!  It was also good to get home to my own bed and bathroom.

But it was a sad, sad day yesterday.  First, because my brother left for the Navy.  Nine weeks of no communication.  Zero.  We text and chat and email and call each other in some form at least once an hour every single day.  We are so close; I absolutely adore him.  I am so proud of him and SO excited for this life venture for him and can't wait to hear about all of his successes down this path in life.  But I already miss him horribly.

I also had to say goodbye to Teagan.  After three days of non-stop gabbing and catching up, it was such a let down to say goodbye and go back to living thousands of miles away.  It reminded me that I no longer have that in Dallas.  I am so blessed and lucky to have wonderful and amazing friends here, but the click and chemistry that I have with her is so very rare; its like the soul mate of friendships.  We are exactly alike, and we can talk about anything.  I mean anything.  From the frivolous to the serious.  I can tell her anything and know that no matter what, she will respond with such care and compassion.  She is the living, breathing definition of loyal.  I just love her and adore her and miss her so much.  Friends like her are so few and far between.  I've got to find a way to get her back to Dallas.  I need her more than a weekend once or twice a year.

So between the two goodbyes, I cried most of Monday night.  Which meant when I woke up feeling so congested and horrible Tuesday, I figured it was from the late night crying.  Um nope.  Hello head cold.  Grr...

On a happy note, I am SO excited to have our new computer up and running and with internet.  Tonight I am going to try to recap Toronto, then I need to recap all the back log of most of 2011.  Oopsie.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such an amazing weekend!! The tears just mean your's and her relationship, and your's and your brother's relationship are all that much more special to be worth the tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so many goodbyes! I'm sorry you're feeling so sad -- it's what happens when you have wonderful and awesome people in your life. Wish I could make it easier for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you. I have no words. Similar to Monday night when I practically had to sprint away from you because the tears were coming and it felt like a piece of my heart was leaving. I am firmly convinced we will live in the same city again. I am going to go post a post of all pics on my blog just for you. And to all of those missing their besties. Love ya bunches and miss you even more P.Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete