1. Get licensed.
- This means having my SER done and submitted at the next deadline (May/June 2012), so I can take the test in October.
2. Read 12 books.
- I love to read, and this is one my favorite yearly goals to try to acheive! This year, at least one book needs to be a classic. There are too many I haven't read and need to! I originally had this goal at a higher number of books, but The Architect thought I should reduce it to keep it realistic and also be able to devote more time to my SER and studying for the exam so I can acheive goal #1, which is the most important of all.
3. Be more disciplined with my night time skin care regimine.
- This means not just wash my face every night before bed but also exfoliate and moisturize. I get sleepy so fast, that I just go straight to bed. I have got to start taking better care of my skin, so I'm hoping a whole entire routine will help.
4. Coupon
- After learning about couponing in November, I have wanted to get into it. Not to stockpile, but to save money on things we already buy. 2012 will be the year I master the money saving for us! It seems like it will be like a game, so I can't wait!
5. Cook NEW things
- Try new items like homemade breads and pasta. Try recipes with out-of-the norm ingredients for me, like mussels or lamb. Try more new recipes from a variety of cookbooks. Try making my own recipes.
6. Get fit
- I want to hit the next level of wristband at my yoga studio at the least, but ultimately (and maybe this is a little unreachable, but why not try...) get the one after that. That means I must make yoga a true discipline all year. (Not when I start feeling stressed or dumpy, etc) At the same time, I want to incorporate some detoxes during the year to get my body at a higher level of health and function.
7. Give
- In early December The Architect and I did some volunteer work. I've been thinking about that for a couple years and finally, when prompted, was able to do some. And I just loved it! It's so fulfilling. This year, I want to find a direction and a passion in which to donate (time and money). I'm not sure where to start as there are so many needs in this world. But I want to START.
8. Get a morning routine
- I want this year to be the year that I get up early. And every.single.day. Not just week days, but weekends too. I want this routine to include breakfast, something I never do. I want and need meditation and prayer time, and can never seem to find it during the day or in the evenings, so this part of my day will include that as well. This will be my most challenging goal of all, but I think it will be one of my favorites if I can find a way to master it.
9. Get back to picture taking and blogging.
- Getting our new computer will hopefully help this! This past year was SO busy that I slacked on blogging and taking pictures in general. I love looking back on old posts for the "journal" aspect of recording life, and I regret when I slack, because there are so many wonderful memories I fear I will forget since I haven't recorded them. Especially with all of the amazing stuff I am super lucky to be able to do and places to go.
10. Revamp my wardrobe.
- I need a complete closet overhaul, and this is the year I am going to do it. This means I need to make an effort to be more fashion and trend saavy, which I am terrible at! I have already summoned PSD to be my personal shopper bc she is the queen of stylish!
Bonus Goal:
- Make a BIG effort to see some of my favorite friends. I am so blessed to have such a huge and wonderful group of girls that I adore! The problem with life is that it stays too busy and just gets in the way, so there are a handfull of these fabulous ladies that I don't get to see nearly enough. This year, I want to make sure to see them more often and spend some quality time with them.
i think these are all good and realistic goals! do you use windows live writer (or something similar) to write blog posts? i feel like it is a lot easier to use the blogger/wordpress - love the drag and drop feature for the photos.
ReplyDeleteLove these goals! You posting them reminds me I should probably get on that too! Here's to checking off your list in 2012...I kind of like your Bonus Goal...just saying haha. xo
ReplyDeleteThese are all so fantastic and super inspiring!! So excited for 1 for you (and 9 for me ;) - oooh, and I've *heard* about Windows Live Writer - so wish they had something for Mac exactly like it!!) !! I love 3, 5, 7, and 8 - they are especially inspiring to me as they are goals I've been thinking about as well but haven't put pen to paper about them.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the Bonus Goal ;) . And I love that I've been "summoned" lol.