Breakfast:
Kiwi
Banana*
Lunch:
Salad w/ baby spinach*, baked chicken*, cucumber, beets*, green onions*, broccoli*, peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice, evoo*, garlic powder, oregano*, sea salt and pepper
Dinner:
Quinoa* w/ evoo* and sea salt
Roasted Carrots*
Roasted brussel sprouts
Roasted asparagus
Roasted broccoli*
Tonight at around 7pm, little E threw up while I was finishing dinner up. I assumed it was an isolated event until about 15 minutes later she threw up again. She continued to throw up about every 15-30 minutes until 11pm when she finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until 4am this morning. So, neither my hubby or I ate much of anything for dinner because we were busy and worried about her.
This is the first time I consider her to have been really sick. She has had only colds, one ear infection that we let run its course on its own, and a very minor case of what I think was Hand Mouth & Foot. She also had what I think was possibly a VERY minor case of the flu when I had it full blown. But everything was very minor. So I felt like I was officially initiated as a mom last night with this! Catching and cleaning up puke after puke after puke. Washing towels and sheets at midnight. And lying beside her wide awake, afraid to fall asleep, because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up and she might aspirate vomit. I felt like it was just a nasty stomach virus that she probably caught at church on Sunday, and it just needed to run its course and that I just needed to support her body and immune system with fluids and to smother her with as many snuggles as she wanted.
She has thrown up four more times today, but I can tell she is on the up and I will be surprised if she throws up again today. I must say that in the moment, I couldn't have loved being a mother more. To be able to have this precious little girl, and to serve her and be with her every second of it was a true joy. There is nothing about her that grosses me out, even vomit, which I never in a million years thought I would have said 3-4 years ago. I also loved in the moment watching my husband with her. Watching him help clean her up and doing laundry. And most of all, watching him turn down his dinner, because he didn't want to be more than a foot away from her, cuddled up in bed next to her, while she was dozing. I love that man more than words could ever explain.
No comments:
Post a Comment