Thursday, April 16, 2015

PMS

So I think I officially have a pregnancy symptom - PMS.  Other than this, I still am in disbelief that I'm actually pregnant because I feel so great - stomach and energy wise!

But man, the PMS!

Holy cow, my emotions are raging!  I feel so bitchy and have zero patience.  Which is making things really bad with a toddler.  I am struggling with discipline, because I'm not sure how to get through to her without spanking.  I don't want to spank her, because of how frustrated I feel when we are in the moment.  And I feel like time out is useless because I don't think she would fully grasp it at this point.  But I don't know what to do.

My bitchiness and lack of patience with her is making me feel so guilty, so I am on the constant roller coaster of angry/frustrated and then guilt.  Ugh, it sucks.

I HATE having this negative energy and stress being emanated onto a growing being - which brings on more guilt and stress.

Right now, I'm not sure what is worse - this or nausea and fatigue.

And man, am I feeling like the biggest failure of a mom these days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a pregnancy rager. *raises hand* NOT pretty. My boys couldn't wait for me to not be pregnant anymore. Give yourself a break and realize it's the hormones and NOT YOU IN THE LEAST BIT. Sleep when you need to. Be ok with cartoons even if she's never done them before. Ask for help even when you don't want to. It's ok to hire a babysitter to sleep or have a friend watch her to sleep. As my midwife told me it's OK TO REST, your body needs it these first twelve weeks. Best words to hear ever because I usually never stop. My advice? Laugh at the antics of a toddler. I find myself getting the old frustration at the new tantrums popping up. Then I start making the face and noises and body grunts and pulls back at him. This morning I was arching my body just like he was. We both end up laughing at each other. He's only 8 months so maybe that's different, but oh boy is he learning new tricks already. You are one of the most amazing moms on the planet with a few others I know!!! You are one of my inspirations!!! Oh see if you have access to GoNoodle in your school district. They do brain breaks. Looks fun!! I want to try with Logan when I'm getting a little worn and need a pick me up.

    ReplyDelete