Thursday, April 9, 2015

1st Trimester Bliss!

The last three days have been this weird high of bliss from excitement, especially since I'm still feeling good.  I went to Sprouts of Tuesday and then Costco on Wednesday and stocked up on TONS of veggies to try to consume TONS of nutrients before the nausea kicks in - if it does.  Last time I think it started somewhere around week 5-6, which is next week to the week after.  I am also trying to stock up on protein and focus on eating A LOT of protein and making sure I'm drinking my adequate water and also taking my vitamins (which I have been so bad about remembering lately!)

Last night for dinner I made sautéed chicken* and steamed broccoli* w/ a cream sauce (chicken stock*, cream cheese* & parmesan cheese) and had roasted cauliflower*, beets*, and carrots*.

I've told a small handful of my inner circle friends - the ones that I know will pray for me/us and be there if I need them if something happens.  And it is SO exciting to be able to share it with them and not hide it.  I made our 12 week appointment today for June 2nd, and that is eight weeks away!  And with only 36 weeks left to go, that is a big chunk of time that I want to be able to talk and share and be joyful over!

This time around, I don't want to find out the gender before the baby is born, but I know that will be a HUGE battle with The Architect bc he DOES want to find out.  My argument is that we experienced one pregnancy finding out, so this one I want to be different and experience NOT knowing.  Also, we already have EVERYTHING.  I even have newborn boy stuff from other people's hand-me-downs and my sister bought me a bunch of boy newborn sleepers on sale before we found out it was a girl.  So either way, I won't have to buy anything!  So why not wait and let it be a surprise??

And as far as the gender, I'm 100% thrilled either way!  I think it would be awesome to have a boy and experience both genders, and my heart would be so full for The Architect to have a son.  BUT - I would also REALLY like a girl, because I want Estella to have a buddy, and for them to share a room.  And since we have bunk beds, that would work out quite nicely!  AND, I already have EVERYTHING for a girl, with all of the correct seasons, so I wouldn't have to buy much of anything for the first 2 years or more!

I go back and forth getting excited and thinking and planning…and then stepping back to remind myself that it is SO early and NOT to get excited and plan….and then going back to excitement and planning regardless of what happens because that is out of my control.

GAH!  I'm SO excited!!
(And if the nausea hits like last time, I'm going to need to re-read this over and over when I'm miserable!  hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment