Friday, April 10, 2015

Giving

This past semester, the Women's Bible Study that I am a part of studied the life of Moses.  There were SO many things that I learned and was challenged with, and it was absolutely wonderful.  I loved every second of it.

One of the challenges was to serve more, and to do so in the moment with small things.
To pay more attention to God and listen to Him when he tells us to give or serve.

There were three specific instances that I had an opportunity to give, and because of the study, I acknowledged that voice telling me to do so, and I did.

A couple weeks later, we got a check in the mail from our insurance company.  It was a refund check on our homeowners policy.  I had changed some things when it renewed at the beginning of the year, but I hadn't done anything in over a month, so I called to ask why we were getting a refund.  I wanted to make sure everything was still correct.

The lady on the phone went over our policy and said that everything was correct, confirming all my changes and additions, and she said that it looks like our premium went down, but she couldn't explain why it went down.

I firmly believe that that check was a gift in return for me being obedient and giving when prompted.

No comments:

Post a Comment