Friday, January 18, 2013

Success!

Time to celebrate! We had a session with our lactation consultant this afternoon and it went wonderfully!!

Stella went to town, like she has been all week, and after a before-and-after weigh, we found out she got almost 4oz!

We now know she's definitely nursing great, and getting exactly what she needs for her weight and age. So, I can exclusively breast feed her from now on.

I am still using a shield, and her latch is still in need of improving, but we're confident that will come with more time and growth. Hopefully in the next 4 weeks.

But for now, I'm so excited with where we are and I am loving every second of each session we have. I can tell she loves it too, because since she has discovered the magical goods of the breast, she has ZERO interest in a pacifier. She only wants the boob! Makes my heart smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment