Thursday, January 31, 2013

My new job and other ways today was BIG

Today was a big day. For the first time since last April, I attempted to try on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans. And they fit! And comfortably!

Also, today I turned in my resignation to start my new job, as a full time mother. I never imagined I would EVER stay home, but now I can't imagine going back. I just can't leave this precious little girl.

It's a little scary because I love my job and I'm so comfortable there. It's all I've known for the last ten years and I truly enjoy and care for all of my coworkers.

But...

Motherhood is so rewarding and fulfilling in ways I never imagined and I'm looking forward to this new journey that's ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! HUGE day!! The nice thing is, you built such a career there you could go back the second she goes off to school, if you don't homeschool, and they'd welcome you back with open arms. Or do something new, and they'd send you a glowing referral, even then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! I'm sure it will the best job you ever have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Stay at Home Mom club! It is an amazing experience! I am glad you are enjoying being a mom so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So exciting! Congrats on the promotion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for BOTH exciting things! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete