Sunday, January 6, 2013

Diaper Fun

We started cloth diapering today and I'm so in love with them! They're no more work than disposables because we're doing laundry anyway, and they are so dang CUTE!!

So far her super sensitive skin is loving them and soon, our wallet is going to as well. It is especially nice to reduce one baby's garbage in this world. It was sickening how much garbage only six weeks of diapers made.

I had a friend walk me through how they do it and that was a huge help at establishing a routine on how to successfully do it because it was a little daunting at first.

When we put the first one on, we hadn't even closed it yet and she started peeing. I guess that was her way of saying "I don't want to wear the dark pink one!" hehe. Then a little bit later, she had her first major poop and no leakage! (I was really struggling with disposies leaking when she'd blow out.) It was super easy to spray the poop off into the toilet, then throw it in the diaper pail. No soaking needed!

Every evening we'll throw a load in the washer, then before bed hang dry the covers, throw the liners in the dryer, stuff them in the morning and we're good to go!

I never thought changing diapers would be so much fun! The biggest challenge is picking out which color to put on her!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love reading this! Can't wait to see the little equations on her :) .

    ReplyDelete