Today starts the rest of the week of appointments.
Today we have an appointment with a dentist to have her frenulums assessed and revised. I know this is super common and not invasive at all, but I'm super nervous. I'm pretty sure she has some form of a tongue tie that needs revising and I'm definitely sure she has a pretty major lip tie that needs revising as well.
I'm hopeful that this will get us on our way to her feeding straight from the tap, versus having to pump and bottle feed 24/7. The bottles have been great in terms of knowing she's getting her needs met since she was struggling to gain weight, but I'm ready for her to breast feed the way we were both made for her to feed.
Friday we meet with the LC again to go over post-frenotomy therapy for her, and also work on her latch. Then we head to the pediatrician for her one month visit where we will have her weighed on same scales as two week visit.
It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's going to be an exhausting next few days.
You're an amazing momma. Life is full of finding out what's best for our kids. So frustrating sometimes when we are searching for the answer and it doesn't appear. Eventually it does though if we keep looking. Think that's part of what the Bible talks about when it says let us not become weary in doing good.
ReplyDelete