Tuesday, November 20, 2012

40 weeks 2 days

I had my 40 week appointment this morning and everything looked good.  Progress is about the same - but a little softer and my cervix was more forward (I dont remember the exact term she used).

Baby is still high up, but in a better position. 
She's facing sideways now rather than posterior. 
Yay!

I'm definitely uncomfortable. 
My whole pelvic region is so sore! 

And I'm having contractions non-stop, all day and all night.
Some of them mildly crampy, but most of them just extreme tightness.

My midwife asked me if I was at peace if things go longer and I said yes - but my fear is going past 42 weeks and still nothing.  So she walked me through the protocol for encouraging baby to come, which will start at my next appointment a week from today, and continued through 42 weeks and 1-2 days.  She said everything is very effective and they usually always get a baby before 42 weeks.  She said only about one mom a year goes past the 42 weeks and baby wont come.  ....and that they've already had that mom this year.  ;)

I'm okay with baby girl taking her time and coming whenever she is ready, but I sure hope she comes before we start encouraging her with the method(s) that begin a week from Thursday...because those aren't very appealing.  One of them is two words: castor oil. 

I hope she comes tomorrow the 21st, because then she would share a birthday with our sweet Sheep dog!
I hope she comes Thursday the 22nd, because what an ultimate way to be thankful!
I hope she comes on Saturday the 24th, because then her, my sister and I (all the girls on my side of the family) would all be born on the 24th of the month!
I hope she comes on the 28th, because she would be born under a full moon - just like when The Architect and I got married!

Oh the choices she has for her birthday!
I can't wait to find out what day she chooses!

3 comments:

  1. Whatever day she chooses, it will be the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking each day to see if it has been baby day yet! I am still hoping for tomorrow so she can share a birthday with our sweet Sam! So excited for you! Keep the updates coming. (You look ADORABLE in the picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contractions seem like an excellent sign right??! I love all your hopefuls. 24th would be Shawner's birthday. 26th is our anniversary. Full moons are known to bring babies out. That would be so sweet having a full moon just like on your wedding. What a sweet story to tell. All of those stories would be sweet stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete