Tuesday, November 13, 2012

39 weeks 2 Days

The Architect and I are definitely getting enough rest.  We are usually in bed before 9, and even though I wake up all through the night (and in turn wake him up some of the times), by the time we get up, we've had plenty of sleep.  It's been really nice since he has had a CRAY-ZEE last few months with work.  It's also been really nice because I tire out super easy these days.  I feel great, but it doesn't take much to completely exhaust me.

Last night we were in bed at 9.  This morning, we were both lying in bed awake at 3:30am.  I stayed in bed, rolled over and was able to get more sleep.  He got up, made coffee, made my morning snacks and lunches, organized some of the paperwork piles we have lingering (backyard plans, baby info, etc), and probably re-roofed the house while he was at it.  ;)  I was happy though to wake up to him asleep and snuggled up next to me when the alarm went off.  For one, because I worry about him not getting enough rest, and also because we fit together perfectly all snuggled up and its my favorite place to be.

My mom arrives tomorrow and I am SO excited!!  I am crossing my fingers that baby girl stays comfy and cozy in my belly until the end of the week, because there is still so much I want to do before her arrival.  Most importantly, our new car arrives on Friday the 16th, so we really want that to get here and get the car seat installed first and foremost. 

But a little more frivolously, I want some quality pre-baby time with my mom.  I want to do a couple "us" things that we always love to do when she comes.  There are a couple eateries we love to hit up together that I want to take her to, and I also want to get to the grocery store and stock up on everything for Thanksgiving.  Plus, I would like to do a little cooking together (pre-making some of the Thanksgiving sides and other misc snacks for before/after).  We always have fun playing in the kitchen together - whether its cooking together, or one of us cooking and the other enjoying yummy appetizers and and a nice wine (Perrier with lemon for me these days) while sitting at the counter and conversing. 

It's surreal that she will be here TOMORROW.  Especially when I think about the reason she is coming...that AND that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK!!!  So much fun and excitement during my most favorite time of the year!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already time! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a name yet? You don't have to tell me, I am just curious if you've decided :) Or was the plan to have a couple and then decide once she arrives? Do you have some to choose from yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOO excited and happy for you. Can you email me when she arrives and what her name is? I have a gift I want to send to you too! I am hoping for her arrival on the 22nd of November. That is Sam's 10th birthday and I think it would be special for them to share the day. ;) You were such a big part of his first few months of life and my how things can change in 10 years!

    Congrats! So happy you have found your happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete