Here is a LONG overdue update with some randomness thrown in:
(Thank you Saskia for the nudge!)
I'm 37 weeks 3 days today and still very pregnant!
And I absolutely love it.
As much as I am so excited to meet baby girl, I am not quite ready to lose my bump and have her snuggled inside my belly kicking away.
She is quite the mover and shaker and I am so thankful because not only is it comforting, it is so much fun!
I love feeling her little nubby limbs and trying to imagine the little foot inside there.
At our 36 week appointment last week the midwife checked me and said I was 50-60% effaced and not quite 1cm dialated.
SO exciting!!
Not that it means anything - I could still go to 42 weeks, but just to hear things are progressing is exciting!
It was also nervewrecking thinking that the possibility is there that things could start any day now!
GAH!
SO MUCH TO DO!!
For one, we are trying to sell my car.
Sniff sniff.
I'm very ready for the new one, but that car has been so much and so good to me for eight years, and I will be sad to see her go.
I hope her new owner takes as good of care of her.
The Architect has been SWAMPED with work lately.
Between a trip to A's town every other week,
and a trip to MN equally as often,
plus other projects they have going on,
his life has been CHA-OTIC!
The nice thing is that it is all slowing down (for him) just in time for our big arrival.
The latest for him has had him in the local news quite a bit!
A couple videos:
Some print articles:
And that's just some of what's out there that he has had to do.
Needless to say, he's been BUSY.
And I am SO proud of him!
And before every trip, he always finds time to sneak me a little note to find that night:
Here I am at 36 weeks, right before I left for a baby shower that a ladies group that I am a member of threw for me:
Here is 37 weeks and my Halloween costume for this year:
We have been overwhelmed, and I mean absolutely OVERWHELMED!!, by the thoughtfulness and generosity and love that friends and coworkers have shown us during this exciting time.
I am speechless and grateful for everyone!
(and have an endless list of thank you notes to do!!)
And one of the biggest "changes" for me with pregnancy has been my cravings!
SWEETS!!!
I am normally not a big sweet eater.
Sweets just don't tempt me.
I never buy them.
I never make them.
But now, I can't get enough of them!!!
I'm atleast restraining myself to ONE sweet indulgence a day.
Here was mine last night at another shower a sweet friend had for me:
(Her mom even sent me home with the leftovers that I'm counting down until I get home to eat them!!!)
I can't tell you how many times The Architect looks at me and says:
"Who are you and what have you done with my wife??"
....all while I'm polishing off a container of ice cream.
As of my 36 week appointment I have gained 33 lbs.
Not gonna lie, it sure was wierd for the first time in my life moving that BIG weight on the scale from the 100 to the 150! haha
I have my next appointment tomorrow and I will post any updates that arise!




You look wonderful! Sending you lots of +++ waves to your way, specially for the big day!! The Halloween Blueberry costume is too cute ;))
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Glad everything is going so well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you updated. I was wondering what you were up to. Sounds like everything is going great. You look great, too! Can't wait to see baby girl in a few weeks on here.
ReplyDeleteYay yay yay yay. This is such an exciting time!
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable!!! Can't wait until baby girl arrives. Love the Halloween costume too! I had the same one last year with two little skeletons at the bottom (was gifted the shirt at a surprise halloween costume shower.
ReplyDeleteContinue to feel well and wishing you a positive and easy labor/delivery!