Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Splurge

So Teagan talked me into the best purchase ever.
A total splurge.

One of the few things I hadn't picked out yet was a diaper bag.
One, because I had only looked online, and only a couple of them out there caught my eye,
and also because those were both quite expensive and I was having trouble justifying the cost.
I know, SUPER ridiculous.

I slowly talked myself out of both of them, and just kind of stopped looking altogether.
The Marc Jacobs one had negative reviews that it was heavy before putting anything in it - and that's a deal breaker for me because I have a neck/shoulder issue that gets aggravated my lugging big/heavy bags.
And the Kate Spade was more expensive than the Marc Jacobs one, so I sighed, closed the links and tried to make myself forget about them.

While Teagan was here,
one of the stores she wanted to shop in was Kate Spade,
which let me look at them up close and personal.

And OMG, I fell in love.

But there was no way I was spending THAT much on a diaper bag.
Especially considering how much we still have yet to spend on a stroller and car seats.

Then Teagan, the fabulous friend that she is, did some amazing shopping for herself in the store, which thanks to a Labor Day special they had going, allowed me to tag on to her purchases and get it at a discount.
Aaaaaand I had a contact rebate gift card burning a hole in my purse,
which brought it down to half price.

Half price at Kate Spade!!!
How could I not???

I hemmed and hawed back and forth and then decided that I just couldn't buy it.
I felt too guilty.
I'm not good at spending money on myself.
And I kept reminding myself of stroller and car seats yet to come.

So that's when Teagan stepped up and asked about their return policy.
After hearing it, she told me to buy it and decide later. 
If I want it, keep it.
If I dont, return it.
But if I decide LATER that I DO want it - the discount wont be there.
Hello, genius best friend of mine!

So I bought it.
And I'm SO in love with it.

And I will totally still be carrying it as a fabulous bag even after diapers and bottles are no longer needed. 

The bag:
Completely wipe-able outside and in,


With endless pockets and a changing mat,


And even a cute little paci holder.


I'm SO SO SO excited to finally be able to use it!!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh, SO pretty! Yay for talking you into buying one. I had been looking at pretty diaper bags and thinking of you before the weekend. The diaper bag is the ONE thing you will take EVERYwhere you go, so it's SO worth having one you adore. Worth having one that has all the little perks and add ons, as well, which make life a little easier that I'm sure the Kate Spade one has, like the paci holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! My dad joked to my SIL when she was given a mucho $ diaper bag: "you better be able to put the kid in and it comes out changed!" (: BUT she said expensive or not it was totally worth it bc she had to carry it everywhere for 2 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Love, love, love. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need. update. soon. Can't believe you only have a month and a half left, if that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello"" Just wondering if there was a baby already or still in the bump? Please throw us some news,,,or even better, a picture of your new treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete