Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pregnancy thoughts

Because pregnancy is about all that consumes my mind right now, here are some thoughts:


What I enjoy so far about pregnancy:

  • The clothes.  OMG so comfy, especially going into summer.  I bought a ton of different empire waisted dresses and maxi dresses at Target and I just LOVE them.  None of them are even maternity wear.  Plus, I bought two pairs of maternity pants and one pair of jeans and they too, are SO comfy!
  • My boobs.  They're quite fabulous!
  • Wearing flats 24/7.  I wore heels a tiny bit at the very beginning, but knowing how pregnancy works with relaxing your ligaments, etc, I know its not good for my body (esp with some minor issues I have with my back and neck) so I retired them until the first of the year.  Wow, flats are SO comfy!
  • The excitement people have for me.  It's awkward telling people like coworkers, but once they find out, they're all so genuinely excited.  
  • The books and reading that I have been doing.  I have learned so much about women's bodies and how everything fits together and has a purpose and it just reinforces the miracle of life, along with my faith in God.
  • The excitement of the change that is ahead!
  • Meetings with my midwives and doulas.  I just love talking with these women who are so passionate about pregnancy and birth.

What I don't enjoy so much about pregnancy:

  • The first trimester.  I had NO idea the first trimester was so miserable.  I never got sick, but I felt like I had the worst hangover ever for about 5-6 weeks.  Headache, miserably tired with zero motivation or energy, and an icky feeling in my stomach that only wanted junk food like pizza, Chick fil A, etc., but after eating that kind of food, I would just feel worse.  And it never went away.  I wasn't expecting to feel like that at all.
  • Wearing flats 24/7.  As much as they are comfy, I feel my best and cutest and when I am in heels.
  • Feeling all around dumpy.  Whenever I felt like this in the past, I would bust ass in exercise to get rid of the feeling.  Now, I can't really do that, so I'm doing what I can and trying to embrace my changing body.
  • My ever changing appetite and lack of desire to cook.
  • The clothes.  None of my regular clothes fit anymore, and my plan to overhaul my wardrobe is now on hold.  I just can't bring myself to buy too many maternity items because they're only useful for a short time.

Overall I can't complain.  I am feeling pretty good these days, and I have the most amazing husband who dotes over me even more now that before, which I didn't think was possible.  He thinks my changing body is incredibly sexy and compliments me all day, every day.

1 comment:

  1. That last paragraph makes my heart go awwwwwwww.

    It's funny how I can relate to most of these things the four weeks my body had the hormone racing through it. *LOVE the boobs. Makes me want a boob job now!! *Feeling of being dumpy. Seriously, my body instantly went into 'oooh, I know what this is all about' mode and immediately pushed things forward. Yours probably took a little longer :) and I didn't get quite that far as to clothes not fitting either. *I can't relate to the junk food because I instantly went into veggie mode, but I think that was probably a little farther along than those first few weeks. *The tired, but I'm tired all the time any way. I'm glad I had started to take prenatals because I really think my body needed it - my hair and nails started growing amazingly and are continuing now that I'm still taking them. Boo for the headache :( . *The excitement. Only that was a bit awkward for me because of all that we went through when we found out, and after.

    *Yay for maxi dresses! I had assessed my wardrobe and that was EXACTLY what was going to be my wardrobe. Fun summer and maxi dresses. When winter came, I was just going to winterize the short ones with scarves and warm boots (sounds strange, but I've done it before and it's super cute).

    I am in AWE of how productive you have been since you've found out!! All the reading, research of midwives, midwife choice, knowledge of the heels - one wouldn't be able to guess you hadn't been pregnant before based on how much you know about all of it. I love it!

    PS Can I just say I LOOOOOVE the nickname you have for Blueberry?! SO absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete