My baby is officially ONE YEAR OLD.
Where has the time gone??
For her birthday we went to her 12 month appointment, where she got an A+ on growth and development. I know well baby visits aren't "needed" per say, but I LOVE her pediatrician SO much, that I love going to them so The Architect and I can visit with and get to know him better. And every time we go, we always learn something new in regards to wellness and nutrition.
Up to this point she has only had fruits and vegetables, and all fresh and organic. She hasn't seemed that interested in food overall and still gets 99.9% of her nutrition from mama's milk. We started eggs for something "different" on her birthday. :) She seems as interested in those as she does all the other food we have offered. We'll just keep offering and trying, and slowly, I know she will eat more. Until then, the dog is enjoying her lack on interest.
She was 21lb 11oz, 4oz less than at her 9mo appointment. And although she looks bigger bigger and feels heavier, her amazing chunky thighs have slimmed up! She is a crawling manic and pitter-patters all over my floors! It is one of the greatest sounds! All of that work has slimmed her up big time.
Much to the chagrin of some of my friends, we didn't have a party. I'm the most boring mom ever, and since she doesn't know what is going on, we just celebrated as a family. I wasn't going to do a smash cake because I don't want her eating that stuff yet, so we took photos of the exciting scrambled eggs! haha
She still sleeps with us, and The Architect and I both love it. There is nothing like baby snuggles and as fast as she's growing, we are enjoying every night we have to snuggle up with her, because one day soon, she will be in her own bed. :( There isn't a night that goes by that we don't look at her sweetly sleeping between us and comment on how amazing she is, how adorable she is, and how perfect she is. Then we blame each other for her perfectness and kiss goodnight.
Her one year photo shoot has been postponed until after the first of the year because of schedule conflicts, holiday craziness and weather. When we get them back, I'll post them, along with the lineup from birth thru one year. Its just absolutely amazing at how much a child changes in ONE YEAR!!
Technically though, I still have a baby. Since she isn't walking, she isn't a toddler yet. And when that day arrives, I'll definitely be ready to do this amazing journey all over again and add to our family. Of course, she's going to have to lay off of the boob some, because at this rate, I'm never going to have a period again! It's quite the catch 22….I loooooove the fact that its been 22 months since I've had a period and I don't want to wish for it….but yet I do, because I'm ready for #2! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment