Friday, December 16, 2011

Goals for 2011 - Score Card

Goals for 2011 - Score Card

1. Get licensed - POSTPONED
-  This is a HUGE hurdle I've been procrastinating for about two years.  It's a ROYAL pain in the rear to even put the application together, which is the largest hurdle to me.  Once I get through that, I have to sit for the eight hour exam - which covers not a single class I ever even had in college.  My degree is electrical, but my field of work is civil, which is the area I need to take the test in...so that should be super fun.  Not.
-  I was unable to do this because of the conference I hosted in September.  The exam is only given twice a year, the due date for the first had alreadg passed when I posted this, and the second was smack during the conference.  So, I don't consider it a fail, because the conference was almost as crucial to my career as the license and it was a grand success!  So, I am pushing this goal to 2012.

2. Pay off ALL my debt - SUCCESS (...almost)
-  The Architect is so good with money.  [Like my dad] He has never in his life carried a single month of credit card debt, saves up and pays cash for everything - financing nothing, etc.  ...obviously not the same can be said for me.  Hence, I was dragging a dead weight around, paying for everything for him for five years, but now that those days are over [thank god!], I need to finish getting rid of all my credit card debt.  I struggle with guilt and stress over this pretty much weekly, because the only debt we have with both of our lives combined (aside from the mortgage), is my stupid credit card.  I regularly remind myself that besides that, I have no other bills to anyone (no car note, no financed items, etc), and I regularly log in to my different savings and retirement accounts and total up my net worth to remind myself that I'm probably ahead of the curve in the grand scheme of life.  It helps calm the stress.  BUT - I still need to get rid of the damn balance, and this is the year I am hell bent, bound and determined to do so.  (and I am stubborn and wont let The Architect pay for any of this since I brought it to the relationship.)
-  This will be accomplished in January of 2012.  I didn't quite make it by December 31st, but what's one more month....I'm SO excited that I am SO close to acheiving this goal!  I have a month to decide how to celebrate!

3. Hit 200 classes at my yoga studio - FAIL
-  I have GOT to get back into some form of a workout routine, and the only thing I absolutely 100% love is my hot yoga.  I just love once I'm in it and pass the brutal soreness, and I love how I feel daily from it when I'm going regularly.  It's just the most comprehensive work out I know of.  And of all the "workout" bodies out there, I think yoga bodies are the most feminine and attractive.  So...once I hit a certain target goal with my cc's, I'm re-signing up for my yoga.  I can't wait!  It's making me even more eager to hit that goal, which ultimately helps me reach #2 as well!-  Complete and utter fail.  I was doing so good, then so bad, then so good, then between heat wave (hello over 70 days over 100 degrees, ugh!) and my conference then wedding then trip then party then holidays, life was too chaotic.  Fail.  Fail.  Fail.

4. Try 75 new recipes FAIL
- With five new cookbookes and a subscription to Cook's Illustrated, I have SO many new recipes that I can't wait to try!  And with an amazing sous chef, I can't wait for all the fun we will be having in the kitchen together!!  My love of cooking has rubbed off on The Architect and he has set his own goals in this area too!  He makes even my greatest passion so much more of a joy in my life - even all the way down to doing the dishes we dirty up!
-  I cooked a decent amount and tried quite a few new recipes, but this goal was a bit unrealistic.  Especially with such a crazy year we had.  Over all though, I consider it a fail because I didn't come close to a number I would have found to be a reasonable amount.

5. Read 10 Books - SUCCESS
-  I hit my goal of six last year, and since I have regular reading time on the train, I'd like to complete ten.  And no genre restrictions this time.
-  HUGE success.  I have already read 15, and by the end of the year, I will have read either 16 or maybe even 17!  And it was a good mix between fiction, brain candy, a classic, non fiction, etc.

6. Put into practice the organization of my work space and professional life - NEUTRAL
-  I 100% organzied my personal life in 2010, thanks to The Architect.  Now, I want to take what I've learned and apply it to my office at work, and also to my whole professional life.
-  I didn't get my work space as organized as I would have liked, but it is BETTER, and my everyday work schedule is more organized, which is an improvement.  So not quite the success I wanted it to be, but definitely a step in the right direction.

8. Get together with my whole family once this year - SUCCESS
-  This includes my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, brother, and mom.  We had such a fun time all together over Christmas, that I want to make sure we do this more often.  It's a shame how little I see my sister and brother-in-law.  I really want that to start changing.

-  We hosted Thanksgiving here with my mom, brother, sister, brother-in-law and nephew.  We also hosted a long weekend with my dad, stepmom, brother and his girlfriend.  All super fun!  We have also spend a couple weekends with The Architect's family and we are spending Christmas with them as well.

7. Get up earlier and look prettier every day - SUCCESS
-  I have a job that doesn't require any form of a dress code.  It's super casual, very low key and very little interaction with anyone other than my immediate office neighbors.  This makes it hard to be motivated to fix up in the morning and look my best.  But, when I do, I feel so much better.  So, when The Architect wakes up early to work out in the mornings (one of his goals), I am going to get up with him (this helps him get up too! hehe) and get ready.  This will also give me piddle time, which I am notorious for in the mornings!
-  HUGE success.  I can hardly count how many days I didn't make the effort to fix up and look nice.  This is my favorite success of 2011.
 
9. Complete a 28-day detox - FAIL
-  I started this in the fall, but failed miserably, because there was too much going on.  We had trips planned, and parties to attend, and football season (my fav!), and so many other things that revolve around food and wine, that it made it just impossible to stick to such a strict eating plan.  This year, I want to dedicate four weeks to complete this.  And I'm super excited, because remembering how great I felt after 9 days...I can only imagine how awesome it will feel after completing 28 days!
-  MAJOR FAIL.  I honestly even forgot about this over the course of the year.  I made zero effort to even attempt.

10. Watch 25 movies - Neutral
-  I am horrible with watching TV.  (Maybe that's actually a good thing?)  And the same goes for movies.  We hardly ever go to the movies, and we hardly ever even rent them.  But, I find myself constanly hearing about and/or seeing ads for movies that look great, that I want to see... but never do.  So this year, I want to see many more movies!  What's better motivation than snuggling up in comfy pjs on the beanbags in our own theater at home with my sweetie??  I can't wait to start this goal!
-  I lost count, but I don't think it was 25.  BUT, we did watch quite a few, both rented to watch in our home theater and at the movies.  I think this past year I went to the movies more in one year than I have since high school. 

1 comment:

  1. Love these catch ups. I didn't do one last year, but this makes me want to do one this year. Amazing that it's been a year since you wrote all that. Seems like just yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete